Affordable Ways to Achieve Healthy Winter Hair
If you want to protect your hair from the wrath of the winter weather but don’t want to break the bank, try these cold-weather hair care tips:
- Wear a hat: A hat will protect your hair and help avoid breakage. Find yourself a stylish hat that’s not too tight and is soft.
- Stop washing your hair every day: Shampooing strips your hair of its natural oil.
- Ditch your 2-in-1 products: It’s much better to use a separate conditioner, especially during the winter. Look for one that is labeled as anti-aging, thermal protecting, or moisturizing.
- Consider adopting the “no-poo” trend: If you’re feeling really brave why not ditch the shampoo altogether?
- Stimulate your scalp: You can stimulate blood flow and nourish your hair follicles by using a natural-bristle brush. Another option is regular head massages.
- Use cool or warm water rather than hot: A hot shower feels lovely on a cold winter morning but hot water is the enemy of healthy winter hair. Turn the temperature down when it’s time to soak or rinse your hair.
- Air dry your hair: If air drying leaves you with hair that makes you look like a mad scientist, at least keep your blow-drying to a minimum.
- Use a deep conditioning treatment: When your hair is well-conditioned, it’s more resilient and less likely to dry out.
- Trim your ends regularly: Get your hair trimmed every few weeks during the winter as this will stop any split ends from getting worse.
- Lay off heat styling: Heat styling tools are a surefire way to get dry and brittle hair during the winter.